The Library

We went to the library today.  Kids were so excited they were hyperventilating.

Our librarian who is also our pal JW is absolutely unbelievably amazing. She knows the kids. She knows books.  She knows how to bring them together and she does, in a joyful way that's inspiring to watch.

I've got one little guy who got a book about lizards. When he got back to the room he decided that he needed to go ask his sister what kind of lizards they own.  I told him to wait for recess.  After recess he told me that he knows now that he owns a gecko and he really needed to swap out his lizard book for a book about geckos.  I tried to explain to him that there was probably relevant information in his lizard book, but he got into that desperado state that they will enter when they've entered ONE TRACK MIND LAND.  So, off he went with a note from me.  Came back with a book with information about geckos.  Pleased as punch.  Everyone wrote about the library in their reflection journal at the end of the day.  Several kids wrote about how great it was going to be to have JW read them stories every week.  I think a few kids didn't get the memo that they don't have weekly story time with JW any more because that's for K - 2.  Not sure how I'm going to break it to them.  We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Comments

mm said…
I think I would like weekly story time with JW. I'm super excited for your kids and for me that you're back teaching... love the stories.
KC said…
I have commented on this entry a million times. WTH?

Popular Posts