The Chairs


I bought some cool chairs at Target for the kiddos.  I almost didn't because kids argue and fight about chairs whenever you bring them in the classroom and it's annoying and then you have to give everyone a CHAIR DAY and that kind of gets annoying too.  But anyway, I bought the chairs and for the most part I like them and so do the kids.  Our first grade book buddies were coming over last week for some elbow to elbow, knee to knee genuine partner reading and before they got there a 3rdLander called out, "I think we better put these chairs away.  They're going to be a real problem when the first graders get in here."  All the kids joined in with shouts of "Oh no, we don't want them fighting over these chairs!" and similar refrains.  So the kids folded up the chairs and stashed them away.  Crazy talk.  But kind of funny. I guess it's just human nature to want special things.  And I guess it's human nature to anticipate that this wanting can cause problems.  
Off I go to work.  I'm determined to focus on all I did get done on Sunday at work and not worry about the growing to do list.  
BTW, we saw A Most Wanted Man last night.  Super good.  See it if you want to.

Comments

KC said…
Hilar. I'm anticipating fighting over the beanbags. And yet, I want some beanbags. I also want a rug to define the reading area. Geez Louise.
Sarah Gardner said…
Are they the super cool bouncy chairs? I bought a super cool bouncy chair for my room this year - I've wanted one every year when Target gets them and decided to finally get one this year as a reward for moving classrooms :) It's quite popular.

Popular Posts