The Wall

I missed out on Thursday Creativity Share this week because I was actually creating something---a classroom.  See that purple wall?  I painted it with the help of KA.  See that cart of books?  Good friend JW chose them for my kiddos so we can start book shopping right away.  See those letters on the tables?  Most of those were picked up at Open House.

Open House went well.  The kids that showed up got right to work putting all their supplies in the various bins and boxes that I had out.  It's nice being in 3rd grade again.  The kids are little and big at the same time.

After Open House we headed over to the home of J and B for a fantastic deck party.  They have a VITAMIX now and the smoothies were creative and tasty.  We had various combinations of spinach, watermelon, strawbs, kale, basil, tomato, lemon, blueberries, and apple in our smoothies. The point is, we all need to get the Vitamix ASAP.




Comments

KC said…
I'm loving that purple wall. WTG.
LH said…
Thanks kiddo.
Do you like those tiny watermelon cucumbers?
mm said…
What are the little watermelon things?
Anonymous said…
Awesome purple wall! The room looks great :)

Ks
LH said…
MM.... They're called watermelon cucumbers.
They look like teeny watermelons, but they taste like cucumber. Which is pretty neat when you think about it.

Thanks, KS! I'm very pleased with the wall. Good thing Karen S. was there to guide the process. It takes a village.
Anonymous said…
Karen A. rocked the boat!!! It was awesome that she helped out and gave helpful hints to everyone. I want a vitamix like nobody's business. But I'm not sure I can drop that much money on something to make pina coladas.
jw
LH said…
Peeps, it was Karen A., not Karen S., that helped paint the wall.

Karen S. would have helped as well, but she had her own fish to fry.

Thank you Karen A!
LH said…
Peeps, Huddle Up. Tomorrow is the first day of school.
I'm nervous.

Please send good thoughts my way and I'll do the same for you if you're starting school early in the morning.
lee said…
First day was awesome. Too tired to blog, but will SOON.

Third grade = fabuloso.
Anonymous said…
Yay! I feel so happy to have you at Childs. It feels right.
jw
jdoc said…
I, too, love the purple wall. Can I send my kids to your classroom when the time is right? We'll have to move to IN, obviously.
Anonymous said…
I love that you are back teaching at Childs! However....I am missing the daily blogging!!!!! I guess it's ok though-those precious little 3rders (my last class-we have to compare notes!) need you more than me! Linda

Popular Posts