The Commitment

I want to tell you that I am 100% committed to writing in this wonderful blog more than once or twice a week.  It will get done.  I love this blog.  I'll stick by it through thick and thin.  I'm not sure if this week was in the thick or the thin category, but I do know it was busy.  I'm busy as a bee every day and I kind of like that.
 My new group of students in Thirdlandia continues to charm and entertain.  We had a few downs to go with our ups this week, but mostly we just stayed in the ups.  The good news is I love my job and that's something Husbandman hasn't heard for a few years.
 We're learning about publishing and editing and the kiddos are designing some logos for our classroom press.  Many of their logos feature POPCORN MAN.  Popcorn Man's been a big hit so I've also introduced Strawberry Girl and Latte Lad.
 A thirdlander is raising some chickens.  She shared this egg with us at morning meeting.  At morning meeting, Thirdlanders are also sharing book recommendations, local news, and sundry facts about tarantulas, since we're tarantula sitting this year.  We practiced tableau one day last week as a literature response and the kiddos are pretty great at these living photographs.  For homework, kiddos picked from a menu.  Four students chose the "Make a Sculpture out of Tape and Paper," and their families sent photos of these awesome sculptures via email.  We shared them with the projector and I have to say that these peeps put the C back in Creative.  Well done, Sculptors of Thirdlandia!
 There's a picture book that won the Young Hoosier Book Award last year and it's called Cat Secrets.  It's fun to read to kids so I suggest you get it at once.  We worked with Taro Yashima's Classic, Crow Boy, this week and had some awesome talks about friendship, talents, bullying, poverty, living in the village versus living far away.  One kid said, "Treat everyone right because you don't know what they're going through."  Nicely put, Thirdite. Also enjoyed a massage, a dinner with Eve, an afternoon of Truffling, and some talks with Nancer and 20 Something.  Life's full, and that's the way I like it.  #1 Son moved to his new house.  There was some gnashing of teeth and outright wailing, but then I calmed down and remembered he only lives about 6 blocks away.
The snakes are still there and I've photographed several.  Some have been relocated, but it's probably a losing battle.  I've made peace with the snakes and think of them now as my sisters and brothers.  Another busy weekend ahead.  Saturday is pegged for chapter revisions.  Sunday will be all about preparing for our third week in Thirdland.  But there will be movies and some walking squeezed in there too.  I'm missing my blog so much, so this is the week I try to squeeze in more posts.  Don't worry Beloved Blog.  I will not let you down.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You did not disappoint blog at all, and this post fills me with your happiness in the land of 3!!! Can we see Strawberry girl, latte lad, and some of the sculptures? Creative curiosity here.
N
Anonymous said…
Yay! Those thirdies love you too! That is not a picture of a snake from our beloved creek at school. No way. But that's ok.

jw
mm said…
I will admit that I did miss your posts, but this makes it all good. I'm happy you are enjoying teaching!
KC said…
It's really tough to blog and teach a at the same time, but we have to get it done. Good job. Keep at it.
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear your 3rdies rock, that you're happy (and PeteMan got to hear about it) and that #1 son is only a few blocks away!! lookin' forward to seeing y'all in Oct!! B&B

Popular Posts