Independent Movie Review: We Are the Best!

We Are the Best.  That's the title of a movie we saw this week, which means it's time for Independent Movie Review.  We have 3 reviewers this week because one member of the family decided he didn't care for "punk music and teen angst."  Anyway, he was performing with the Stardusters.

Lw:  So what were your impressions of this Swedish film set in 1982?

20S:  I could not have enjoyed this movie more than I did.
Hm:  And I could not have enjoyed this movie more than Rosalyn did.
20S:  I thought this movie was a real bang up time.  You might be wondering what this movie is about and I'll tell you.  This movie is about resistance to the micro aggressions inflicted against young girls because they're girls.
Lw:  Okay.
Hm:  I thought it had a lot of funny parts and never crossed the line into being maudlin.
20S:  Mom what did you think it was about?
Hm:   We need to focus on whether we liked it or not, not what it's about.
#1:  Why don't you guys just watch the new season of Game of Thrones?
20S:  I challenge anyone to name a movie that is better than this movie.
Hm:  What about the Godfather?
Lw:  I liked the faces of the girls.  They weren't stock characters.
20S: I did feel they took on realistic roles, but they were recognizable in their behavior in terms of friendship role dynamics.
Lw:  We should note that the movie has to do with the punk music era.
20S:  Yes, it takes up the question, "Is punk dead?"
Lw:  I guess we should now sing a rousing rendition of HATE THE SPORT!  (At this point, picture 3 of us singing the new classic HATE THE SPORT that's featured in the film). Fist of 5 for the movie?

20S:  This was a 5 movie for me.
Hm:  I'm going to give it a 4.
Lw:  I'll split the diff with a 4.5.

This movie's pretty great, so if you want to see it you should just go ahead and see it.

Comments

StreibProjects said…
Just watched the trailer for this movie. It looks amazing.
LH said…
It's really great. I could have actually given it a 5. On the fist of 5.
KC said…
Thanks again for another installment of a fave feature.
Anonymous said…
Love having so many voices in this critique. It rocks!
jw

Popular Posts