Rubber + The Road = Moment of Truth

I'm starting a new thing called #IdiomofTHEday.  It's where I use an idiom repeatedly throughout the day, almost to the point of saturation for all involved.  Right now I'm toying around with Where the Rubber Meets the Road.  Great little expression that people should probably be using more often.  Right now I'm watching World Cup, so the #IdiomOfTheDay is coming in handy. U.S. needs to get their act together and win this game. I've also used #IotD to describe hiking in the hideous humidity and enduring the long wait til 20 Something arrives this evening.  Basically, whenever you're being sorely tested and you're facing insurmountable challenges, you can say to everyone around you, "This is really where the rubber meets the road."  You're going to add some gravitas to a whole slew of situations with this helpful idiom, so give it a try.  Gravitas is good.

Comments

mm said…
I need to quit watching soccer and clean up from the freezing of strawberries process. I guess it's time for the rubber to meet the road. Did I use that correctly?

I hope tomorrow's idiom is "it's a piece of cake." I also hope it includes cake!
KC said…
I like the sentiment of the Rubber Meeting the Road. It's kind of like Buck Stopping Here.

Popular Posts