The Broomcorn

Woke up this morning and made a macaroni salad.  Then I started singing loudly, "Stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni!"  Why did I do these things?  Because it's time to celebrate our nation's birth.

To celebrate our proud nation, we went for a walk around a lake and then we had some lunch at the Hobnob. Near the Hobnob, I spied a shop called Broomcorn Johnny's.   Using my phone, I instantly took off learning about the rich history of the broom. On the way home I read to others about the broom's rich history and the broomcorn johnnies who picked the broomcorn to make the brooms. Everyone in the car was fascinated.

Happy Birthday, United States of America.  Hope all your wishes come true this year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can just imagine everyone listening so carefully to you as you explain this part of our history.
jw

Popular Posts