The Festival

After the movie, #1 Son met us for lunch.  He played at the
Lebanon Community Day this morning.
We went to an Indianapolis Film Festival Film today.  The film is called Bluebird.  It's a sad movie and here's our review.

Lw:  So what did you think?

Hm:  I thought it was a very good movie, very well acted.  I liked the sense of place, the way the camera would linger on different factories and whatnot around the town.  I was a bit dissatisfied with the ending.  I found the soundtrack at times overbearing.

Lw:  The main character is a bus driver for kids.  Did you ever take the bus to school?

Hm:  Yes, I did.  For many, many years.

Lw:  Do you think the bus driver character can ever recover from her tragic mistake?

Hm:  Yes.  As mistakes go, it was a very understandable one.  At some point, she'll forgive herself.

Lw:  I thought the bluebird was kind of dumb.

Hm:  Why?  I didn't think that.

Lw:  A bluebird doesn't usually fly around in the middle of a snowy winter.

Hm:  I'll grant you it's unusual.  But it's plausible that it might happen.  If it were a run of the mill thing it wouldn't have distracted her.

Lw:  That's a good point, but I thought it might be a bit of superfluous symbolism.  Fist of 5?

Hm:  I'm going to give it a 3.8.

Lw.  I'll give it a 4.  Bluebird.  Pretty sad, but pretty good.  People should see it if they feel like it.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Bluebirds scout out boxes in February here in Indiana!
Anonymous said…
Linda
Anonymous said…
The storyline of the movie sounds horrible but meeting with Quinn for lunch sounds great!
jw
LH said…
Linda, I need to read about bluebirds.
I always love your pix of your bluebird visitors.

JW... It was a harsh movie, but kind of interesting as well. Lunch was wonderful. And shopping after lunch was FAB! Trifecta!
KC said…
I feel like it's too sad. Is it like that other book/movie about a bus crash? I think it was called The Sweet Hereafter?

Popular Posts