The Swim

This is my new truck that my friend gave me.


Yesterday I had a pleasant afternoon swim with some pals.  We also had snacks and a lot of talking.

I would like to build a small lake out in my backyard.  I don't want a pool.  I want a more natural swim setting.  A small lake with big boulders for sitting on.

This isn't just a pipe dream.  I've done my research.  Mother Earth News has a great article about the benefits of digging out a backyard swimming hole.

....Unlike an artificial pool, a pond is a unique natural asset which can't be purchased off the shelf and confers status to a property.

I'm not concerned about the whole status thing.  I just want to jump off my deck and into my small backyard lake.  And I definitely need the boulders.  Husbandman's not hip on the idea.  Yet.  But make plans for next summer my friends.  "Heading out to the lake" is going to take on a whole new meaning for all of us. 



Comments

KC said…
Camp Foley has some new boulders this year, and they are really great looking. Get the boulders ASAP. They're great for lounging, talking, and also preventing erosion.
LH said…
I NEED THE BOULDERS!!!
mm said…
I would think Husbandman would like the idea since it would also mean less mowing. Go find boulders!
Anonymous said…
Count me in for the lounging part. This is great news. We can haul the boulders in your new truck.
jw
cb said…
I'll plan to summer in Bloomington each year.

The boulders will be an awesome feature.

Popular Posts