Learning #13: The Accident

Drove 9 hours in torrential rain to visit with my fam, the Georgia Peaches.  I learned on NPR that our national anthem was composed during the War of 1812.  I'd always thought the song referenced the Revolutionary War.  So that's some prime time learning.

Here's where the search for learning can backfire.  As I drove 9 hours in torrential rain, I listened to Loving Frank, a great novel about Frank Lloyd Wright and his love affair with Mamah Borthwick Cheney.  I had one CD left to go when I arrived home. After relaxing and chatting a bit, I decided to google search to see how much of the story is really from real true life.  I ended up learning the horrid ending to the book ACCIDENTALLY!  Sometimes learning really bites. Frankly, I'm irked.

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad you made it safely! I hate driving in torrential rain too...so sorry for you.
SKL
Sarah Gardner said…
Boo spoilers. But better spoilers than a car accident, which is what I thought you were leading up to when you started talking about driving in torrential rain. Glad you are there safely!
LH said…
Having an awesome time. I read about every character in Loving Frank last night for about 4 hours. Sister Faith says I may have a touch of OCD. Now I won't finish the book because I am all knowing about this subject matter. Well done Nancy Horan, author of Loving Frank!
KC said…
I really hate the end of that story. Horrifying.
mm said…
Many have told me good things about Loving Frank... I should read it.

Popular Posts