Learnings #21: Dogs, Buses, Estrogen



I learned about clipping a dog's toenails from my little sister Faith and our good friend Bonnie.  If you have a dog, you should be getting this done.  Otherwise, the toenails can grow into the dog's little foot pads.  That part's not on the video because the video shut off unexpectedly, but I thought it was important to share.

Here's some other learning I did today.  I keep hearing the expression "thrown under the bus" this summer.  I've heard it a zillion times.  Where'd this phrase come from you ask?  Well guess what?  No one really knows, but this is interesting; huddle up.  The expression's not that old.  Etymologists think it first showed up in the late 80's or early 90's.  I think that's fascinating.  The expression's everywhere.  One linguist said that people are sometimes like parrots.  We hear a phrase and then we say it.

I have a doctor's appt. today and I know my doctor is going to suggest I start taking estrogen.  I've got about 20 minutes to learn more about this before I head out to discuss this with a medical professional. Probably should have focused more on the estrogen learning and less on the bus expression learning this morning.

At this point, water under the bridge.


Comments

LH said…
Update: No need for estrogen at this time.
Anonymous said…
Have Judy show you the book I purchased for her once about "phrases".��

Sarah M.

Popular Posts