Learning 26: The Pie

Learning was slim pickings on this marathon travel day.  Despite some significant fatigue, I kept searching for opportunities to learn.  Lucky break happened when we drove past Waffle House on our way home and saw some signage for Fruit of the Forest Pie.  What the heck is fruit of the forest pie, we wondered aloud.  Come to find out, it's a real pie, and it's all over google.  It has apples, 3 kinds of berries and some rhubarb. 


I may head over to Waffle House for this very pie tomorrow, even though I'm not a huge berry fan. 

Great weekend in Seattle, btw.  From beginning to end.

Comments

mm said…
I wanted a piece of cherry pie tonight, but they only had blueberry pie... No thanks!
LH said…
I really don't like blueberry pie. I'm not sure I'll like fruit of the forest pie, but its name really has a ring to it.
Anonymous said…
Great pic of you guys!! And BTW I loved the book, A Dog Called Homeless.
jw
LH said…
Reading it now Judith! Thx for the rec
Woah! Like the new format! Mom you would really like the banana cream pie I made this week. Also, let's remember that you like pumpkin and pecan pie.
KC said…
The format is BLOWING. MY. MIND.
LH said…
I love it, but I'm having trouble with the commenting, so I may head back to the old templates if I can't figure it out.
BR said…
I wish we had purchased one of those Indian paintings and supported a woman artist
LH said…
I know. They were so cool. I too am having regrets.

Popular Posts