Learning 10: Renoir


I learned a lot from the movie Renoir.  I saw this independent film on my own since poor Husbandman's in Vienna right now.  I learned a lot about this fab artist and his family and his models. His last model fell in love with his son Jean.  They married and she became an actress in his movies.  Sadly, they later divorced and she lived in poverty.
Jean Renoir was an acclaimed film maker and writer. His older brother Pierre was an actor.  His younger brother I'm pretty sure worked in film and ceramics.  Not a lot out there on the younger brother, who was called Coco. As for the famous dad, the guy painted non stop even when he was in horrible pain with arthritis toward the end of his life.

Informative Aside:  The Lilly Library on campus has a small exhibit of Renoir correspondence.

I liked the film a lot.  5 on the fist 5.  The film has sent me off on a Renoir learning spree this morning --- looking at paintings, reading bios, watching videos. I don't think you can ask for too much more from an independent film or from a breezy summer morning.


Comments

mm said…
I like a movie that inspires one to learn more!
LH said…
Watching Wimbledon. Djokovic is dominating Haas. I think it's going to be tough to get stuff done today.
bluebirdwoman said…
Sounds like a very cool movie. Connie and I are having a blast.
M
StreibProjects said…
We have the same background! I might see this movie.
KC said…
Jealous of this amazing learning experience!
LH said…
Mitz, I have yet to read the Norway blog. I'll head over there today. Life here's been very rainy and relaxing. I'm SO GLAD you're having a great trip. Hi to Connie!

Streibie, This movie's quite good. Did you see Monster U with your crew? Loved the rocks you made / displayed on fb!
StreibProjects said…
I did see Monster U. It was excellent and Whitney made the rocks. I can't take credit.

Popular Posts