The Lunchroom Mouse

I've been getting a little uptight in the lunchroom of late, so I decided to lighten it up with a cool mouse puppet today.  I introduced him as Mousey, the Lunchroom Mouse.  Huge hit.  Kids loved Mousey.  They fed him cheese, gave him kisses, and asked, "Is he real?" many times.  When the kids got a little loud, I'd put Mousey up to their face and say, "Look at Mousey.  He's sad.  You're hurting his sensitive ears."
"Sorry Mousey," Kids would whisper, giving him a friendly pat.  The whole lunchroom was pretty much crazy about Mousey so I decided to push my luck and carry him around while lining up the Sixers.  I walked up to one table and held Mousey aloft.  "Mousey says you're ready to line up. He's happy about how quiet this table is."
A SixerGal brushed past me rolling her eyes, "Oh my sweet Jesus," she said under her breath. Not everyone can be a Mousey fan.  I get that, so I wasn't at all offended.  And with just one more day til spring break, I'm not getting too bent out of shape about anything right now.

Comments

Sarah Gardner said…
Abby was ALL about Mousy when I picked up my kiddos. Loved it =)
Anonymous said…
That is just hysterical!!! The "Puppet Cafeteria Lady".
jw
Fun New Teacher said…
Now that's what I call "delight!" Look at you being all creative. You took a page out of my book. Way to go Creole Lady ;)
LH said…
NFT, We miss you so much.

How's the little boy?

I'm bringing a moose puppet today.

His name is Marvell.
Anonymous said…
I can only imagine who said "oh my sweet Jesus"!
LH said…
One of our best and brightest. She did make me laugh.

Popular Posts