The Review

Introducing a new blog feature.  It's called Husbandman and I watch an independent film.  This week's film is called Happy People:  A Year in the Taiga.  We just watched it.  Now we'll talk about it.

Me:  How'd you like it?
HM:  I thought it was very good.  How did you like it?
Me:  I liked it.  I know I don't want to live in the Taiga now.  So that's good.
HM:  Yeah, too rough.
Me:  But was there any part of living in the Taiga that you would like?
HM:  Yeah, the dog.  I definitely want the dog.  And I like eating all the fish.  How about you?
Me:  I liked the winter season because you didn't have to do much.  Just walk around and check your traps.
HM:  Looked like they were working pretty hard.
Me:  But the other seasons looked harder.
HM:  Mosquitos in the summer?  Not pleasant.
Me:  I wish they could have some Deet.
HM:  Yeah.
Me:  As a movie, what's your rating.  Fist of 5.
HM:  3.5 Yours?
Me:  4.5.  That movie rocked because now I know for sure I don't want to live in the Taiga. One other question.  Herzog's narration.  What did you think of that?
HM: Good.  His enunciation was so precise.  Cracked me up.
Me:  Any critique?
HM: 2 things.  They didn't explain why the dogs were so indispensable. And they made no effort to explain why the native group of people basically collapsed as a culture.  One of the drunk guys said it was the Russians' fault.  Was there any truth to that?
Me;  My critique was that the women hunters were not featured at all.
HM:  There were none.  Let's make that clear. There were no women hunters.

Okay, so that's a wrap.  If you want to see Happy People, you should go ahead and see it.  No harm done either way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bar and I are rolling on the floor.
LH said…
Thanks for reading our new blog feature, B & B. Back to work after a lovely spring break. Hope you're swell!!!! <3!
KC said…
Fantastic. I absolutely love this new feature. Hilarious and helpful!
Fun New Teacher said…
My husband is into documentaries and films in general. I've seen so many weird and interesting films because of this. I've actually seen several of Herzog's films. He's quite the odd duck, which makes his films particularly captivating. Have you ever heard him read "Where's Waldo?" http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EvWh6PMi9Ek

Check it out!

FNT
cb said…
Excellent new feature. The Q&A format works well for you two. Plus you are hilarious.

Werner also narrates a short film about the life of a plastic bag. Very precise enunciation there too.

xoxo
LH said…
FNT, Love the line: Does this man really want to be found?

CB, Loved the bag film.

Werner Herzog is doing his best, forgetting the rest. Yet again.

Popular Posts