The Convo


Yesterday I walked around the lunchroom for 90 minutes with Marvell the Mild Mannered Moose puppet.  His backstory:  Kind of a mild mannered guy, doesn't get too hyper, likes things to stay calm.  The wildcats loved Marvell.  When kids were in line I told them they could give him a pat.  Dozens of them threw their arms around him and hugged him tight.  It was sweet to have these little faces, eyes squeezed shut, hugging the heck out of my arm over and over again.  Still, I was tired after all the puppetry.

Then at the end of the day we had a Dr. Seuss Birthday convocation.  I invented a Stump the Teacher with Seuss game that we played in front of the 400 Wildcats. I played the role of game show host.  9 Sixers read passages from various Seuss books and a terrific team of teachers huddled up dramatically and tried to guess the title of each book.  They got 8 out of 9 titles right.  Yeah teachers.  After the exciting game, kids spread out all over the gym and read their new RIF books to each other.  V. sweet.  And did I mention it was Pajama Day?  It was a raucous uproarious fun prequel to spring break.

On the down side my first day of spring break has seen me sleeping, reading, and watching Hoarders quite a bit. Husbandman and I did take a hike on Scarce O'Fat trail this morning.  But other than that, I've been on the down low.  I hope I have more energy tomorrow.  We shall see said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer, and saw.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad the Seuss game worked out! Yay!
Jw
LH said…
It felt like everyone had a good time. Great way to end the week and move into spring break.

Now I'm watching the IU game.
KC said…
I think your first day of break sounded really good. Go with resting. Resting rox.
LH said…
Resting does indeed rock. Got a solid 8 hours last night.

I may even take a nap this afternoon.

Popular Posts