The Trek

Yesterday we took a trek through Turkey Run.  Turkey Run is fantastic.  Huge Rocks, gulches, canyons, trees, water, covered bridge. What's not to like?  We saw a few wild things:  6 turkey vultures sitting in a tree, a ground hog scurrying along the river, a bald eagle idling in a field, some red bellied woodpeckers eating at the feeders near the nature center. In the nature center, someone wrote on the wildlife whiteboard that they saw a pack of coyotes the day before.  I kept my eyes peeled for them but alas, I saw them not. Today is shoe shopping with #1 Son. Aside from the rancid weather, this staycation's been top notch.

Comments

LH said…
We just got back from a trek out to Stillwater Marsh. The 6 Tundra Swans are still there. Lots of Buffleheads as well.
Where is stillwater marsh?
LH said…
When you're driving toward Brown County, there's a right turn right after a binocular sign. That's how we find it. Your drive down that road, and then you take a right turn after awhile, and there's a viewing platform. Bring binoculars. So cool. We also saw a bunch of ringneck ducks.
Cool! ...off of 45 or 46?
Little boys would love it.
LH said…
46. Yes they would.
LH said…
So, IU lost. This day has taken a real downturn.
LH said…
But I went for a slog and now I'm revived.
Anonymous said…
A red tailed hawk welcomed me back to btown yesterday. I'm taking that as a good sign. And I need to get a google account so I can post on Ros's blog. I type something and then get to publish and remember I have no way to do it. Drats. Double Drats. Love the post, Ros.
jw
KC said…
I'm headed to Ros's blog next. So glad you've ended the staycation with so many fantastic events.
Anonymous said…
When I was a kid we went as a family to Turkey Run...lots of good childhood memories there! Also my nephew is getting married there outside in May!

San

Popular Posts