The Return

Geez Louise, Not sure what happened this week.  One moment I'm living and blogging each moment and the next I'm stymied, sullen and struggling for words.  Nancer gave me a good talking to today and straightened me out.  When I told her I had no ideas for my blog this week and couldn't even think of one creative thing for Creativity Thursday, she ran through a list of topics in 30 seconds that all would have been great:  Our IDIOT governor, #1 Son's Birthday, one sentence about not feeling like writing.  This is why Nancer is one of the great writing teachers of our age.

On this beautiful Saturday I'm feeling more upbeat.  I have less than 40 teaching days left and they're all going to be boldly audacious.  Husbandman and I walked along Ted Turtle Trail today and hopped over a chattering creek.  We skyped with 20 Something in the morning and there was laughing.  Also #1 Son turned 21 today at 8:30 am and we are heading out for a birthday dinner at a favorite eatery.  I don't have 2 children any more.  I have 2 adults.  WILD!

I could have written about my somewhat upsetting run in with boar glue.  I could have written about the new Frida Kahlo exhibit in Detroit.  I could have written about my fabulous book club book. I could have written about the clean up dance parties we've been having in Room 200.  I'm not sure exactly what happened, but this much I know.  I'm back in the game.

Comments

glad you are back!!
mm said…
The picture is amazing as are you!
Anonymous said…
You have been dearly missed! I think I've solved the boar glue issue. Very happy about this because it has been very disturbing cleaning Pickles. I'm so glad you are back!

Sarah
Anonymous said…
http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/04/01/monsanto-funds-monarch-conservation?cmpid=tpfood-eml-2015-04-04-monsanto

Blog inspiration: we could plant some milkweed at school! :)

Sarah
Anonymous said…
Yay, NR! Love that woman!
jw
lee said…
A milkweed garden would be v. cool. I love monarchs. Let's do it.
KC said…
I'm so glad. I was concerned, but I didn't want to stress you out by asking for more blogs. It was a conundrum.
jdoc said…
Your absence was noted. And your return, celebrated. Hooray!

Popular Posts