Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Editor

At the end of Port Chicago 50, in the acknowledgements, Author Steve Sheinkin thanks his editor Deirdre Langeland for her "insightful and demanding" edits.  I love reading about an author's gratitude to an editor for her contributions to a published text.

I'm getting back into my author/editor writing project today.  Teaching the Thirdlanders has been a dream come true in every respect except for one.  They've gotten into my brain and heart so completely that I've not pursued my writing project.  I am taking it up again today.  Not because I have any big aspirations for it, but because I enjoy it.  I'm a writer and this is Writer's Wednesday.  So here we go.

3 comments:

KC said...

You got this! And, I love the photo. I totally get what you're saying about those kiddos. They are all-encompassing.

LH said...

Thanks, Kacer. I too love this photo.

mm said...

I'm glad you're working on your writing project, but I'm also happy that you're back in the classroom with stories to share.