The Tape

Synchronized diving is very beautiful.  I'm watching with 20 something daughter.  I like the way these divers work together.  Their kinesio tape is a bit distracting, but still, a great sport.  U.S. won the Bronze, and those guys seemed quite content.

Heard Mike Schmoker talk today at our Literacy Summit.  I like Schmoker's focus on reading, analyzing, discussing and writing about texts, even at the primary level. The guy had a pleasant persona.  And a smart, simple message.  He gets the silver and Kelly Gallagher gets the gold.  He talked a lot about teaching writing incrementally, with intentionality. He also had a fine way of presenting.  I can't give out a bronze because I only attended 2 talks.  I was a monster tweeter at the summit, btw.  I think I set a personal best record in the twittersphere.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You, my friend, get the bronze. Hands down for all the tweets. Plus, your cheer is THE BEST!
N
LH said…
Thank Nancer. I was saying my cheer around the house tonight but after awhile the fam wanted me to stop.
Anonymous said…
I love the synchronized diving. So beautiful. I need to google that tape. I noticed it but wasn't sure what it was. I totally agree that we all need more cheering as we work through our day. Cheers!
jw
LH said…
Hey Doll, I read about the tape for awhile yesterday. Because you know I'm an inquiring learner.

Cheers are the way to go I think.

fyi: Fawn in back yard.
jdoc said…
I've been noticing the tape too. The first time, I was like, "What is that?" And Dave was like, "It's kinesio tape." It's annoying that he just knows these things. But also helpful, I suppose.
KC said…
I gotta catch up on those tweets!! Well done, pal.

Popular Posts