The Club


The book club was at my house last night.  I had mixed feelings about this.  A combination of dread and annoyance.  But come to find out, everything worked out well.  The book clubbers didn't love the book I picked, but they didn't hate it. They did not spurn the Jimmy John sandwiches I offered for food.  They drank quite a bit of wine and talked into the night. Conversation was lively.  I guess you could say I've joined the best book club on the planet.  And I don't have to host for another 5 months. January.

 That's not a good month for me. I'm doing stuff.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Who all is in this book club and can I join? I would support and not thwart, and I could drink some wine as well :). What are you reading next?
N
LH said…
Darling, I'm the new kid on the block in this club. It'll be awhile before I feel like a full citizen member. Lets start our own?....

Popular Posts