The Cheers

The US Olympian gymnasts cheer each other on throughout their routines.  I wish I had a posse of chirpy teens encouraging me when I'm doing hard stuff like driving into work or decorating a bulletin board:  You've got this!  Looking good!  Keep going! You're doing it!  I'm going to try to invent some cheers this year.  A teacher taught me this one yesterday.  You hold up your first hand and say, "Here's the grater! Then you hold up your second hand and say, "Here's the cheese!"  Then you act like you're grating cheese and you say, "You're great! great! great!" I mean, it's not the best cheer ever, but it kind of gets the point across, that you're aiming to cheer on others.
I wish someone had cheered for Michael Phelps when he got a silver for his 18th medal.  Everybody looked so disappointed.  That's ridiculous. Silver's good.  Here's a cheer for silver.
Silver! Silver! Shiniest Yet!
Don't you get that medal wet!
GO SILVER!!!!!!

Not great, but it gets the point across, that a silver medal is something to appreciate and value.


Comments

Mary M. said…
Even though I knew they won the gold, I still was teary eyed most of the evening.

Cheers are great, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the cheese grater although it's great.
KC said…
I avoided the news and I was thrilled. I loved it. I also loved the cheering. "GET IT!" That's one of my new faves.
LH said…
Our vaulter needs my cheer. Maroney's sad about her silver, but silver is great!

Popular Posts