F

Today Judith sent me my new school year note pad in a big brown school mail envelope.  This has become a pleasant ritual. Each year a notepad arrives around this time, reminding me that it's school time and I better hang on to the small sillinesses that keep time moving forward.  This year's version was a notepad with just the letter F on all the pages.  Judith wrote, "This F can stand for whatever you want it to."  Pretty neat that the F pad ARRIVED JUST TODAY on F day, wouldn't you say?  Obviously I may want to use it to write down items on my FRICKIN to do list that I'm FREAKING out about.  Or I may want to write down some ridiculous FLIM FLAM note to hand to a colleague while we're engaged in serious professional development, just to lighten up the spirits.  Or I may walk around the  building handing out EPIC FAIL F's to people I'm not too thrilled with at the moment.  If I see someone doing something annoying, I could just rip an F off the notepad and hand it over.  "Here you go Noodlehead!  Here's an F!  EPIC FAIL! Just what you deserve!  Poorly done!"
However I use it, the F pad has obviously stirred some powerful imaginings today.  Thank you, Judith!

Comments

mm said…
I love the idea of handing notes to lighten spirits... yea!
LH said…
Film flam can sometimes do the trick
Lil Wayne sometimes casually (lyrically) refers to himself as "Weezy F. Baby, and please say the F!". People speculated that it stood for FEMA before he defined it on his blog as Friends, Family and Fans. Sweet!
Anonymous said…
I think I like this new set-up, but I'm always startled at first when you make the changes.

D/
dw said…
Perfect timing, with the F-pad. I think the pad itself needs to have special recognition. It doesn't matter what is written on the page, you don't want a note from LH on the F-pad...
kc said…
I LOL'd. I don't want a note on the F-pad, ever. Never want to be an EPIC FAIL
StreibProjects said…
Me either! Please, no epic fail notes for me..
LH said…
Okay, I probably wouldn't give anyone an EPIC FAIL note. That would probably be a poor way to inspire and motivate. And it wouldn't be very helpful.

I could hand out F's for Fabulous Fairview Faculty Member???? You know, go positive and all that.
Goodwoman said…
Or you could make them Fun Notes... you could use your wonderful humor to inspire and give pick-me up notes to staff and kiddos.
LH said…
They could stand for FUN, referring to something that may be happening after school that day?
Julie Anna said…
I would love to hand out some epic fail notes. Or at least think about handing them out.
jdoc said…
I find that when I am behind on my comments people have pretty much summed up what I wanted to say. Love this notebook, tho. Good job, Judy! No epic failure in that friendship!

Popular Posts