Y


Yakimoto Mosely lived with his wife in a duplex down on 2nd street.  They lived separately, each in their own half of the duplex.  No one knew this about Yakimoto and his wife.  When they had visitors, everyone assumed that they owned half and rented the other half.  But that was not true.  The place everyone saw was Yakimoto's half.  Neat, tasteful.  The other half of the duplex was his wife's abode.  His wife, a hoarder, lived in squalor.  Indescribable squalor.  Yakimoto accepted this about his wife.  He loved her and deep down in his bones he knew he could not live without her.  At the same time, he also knew that he could not live with her.

Thus, the duplex.  And the yellow, yucky secret they kept all to themselves.

Up to now.

Comments

KC said…
Did you write this story? I find myself needing to know more.
LH said…
Yeah, I wrote it tonight.

Just up and wrote it!

Just a little story about Yakimoto Mosely.

In honor of the day of Y.

Thx, kace.
StreibProjects said…
Wow. Great story. Are you getting a dog?
great story. please write more.
Anonymous said…
Great story. I thought maybe you had been watching Hoarders on TV. But your story tops all of theirs.

D/
dw said…
I assumed this was true until reading the comments. Very impressive story to just come up with like that.

By the way, I saw your comment on my blog post and I think cutting and pasting from an old blog is perfectly acceptable. In fact, I may never write another new post again - I'll just have a "greatest hits" blog
jdoc said…
I can totally picture Yakimoto Mosely. And his wife. I'd like to know more about them too.
Julie Anna said…
Very creative story. With a few more details, there could be a movie in this.

Popular Posts