T

TODAY TWENTYSOMETHING daughter and I sat out on the deck before I headed to work.  We drank coffee in the cool morning and cried awhile.  I miss THAT TWENTYSOMETHING something TERRIBLE!
THREE THINGS kept getting me down today.  TWENTYSOMETHING headed back to school.  I had a sebaceous cyst that hurt like heck.  And I had to work a TON o TIME on my computer making stupid TIER groups.
By 2:30, I TEXTED my boss and said, "I'm heading to a medical facility to get THIS THING cut off my neck."  I was scheduled to join her to speak at the school board meeting TONIGHT about our artful learning school.  After getting my neck needled, lanced and squeezed horrifically, I backed out of the school board meeting and TEXTED that I'd be a no-show.  After awhile THOUGH I felt guilty, so I TEXTED again saying I could make it.  THE blood had stopped oozing THROUGH the bandage somewhat.
So if you see me on TELEVISION on the school board channel, and you're wondering why I'm wearing a scarf wrapped around my neck in August, just know that it's because of my sebaceous cyst surgical procedure.
And know that I'm made of TOUGH stuff.

Comments

StreibProjects said…
LEE!! HOLY CRAP! Take tomorrow off!
jdoc said…
This school board meeting is really bad timing with the cyst and twentysomething leaving. I don't like it. Take a day off indeed!
mm said…
You are made of tough stuff, but you may need a day for yourself.
Anonymous said…
Come over soon for wine and Mandy.

D/
kc said…
I can't believe this. I can't believe you went to the meeting.

I also googled the cyst, and I have to say I'm glad you got it cut off.
Anonymous said…
I actually saw the hole in her neck and it's so gross.
jw
Julie Anna said…
omg, i ended up googling it afterall. I now fear a sebaceous cyst more than anything. I also fear my kid moving to some distant place. And you lived through all of this.
cb said…
Good Lord! You poor thing! Take the rest of August off. There should be no school in August anyway. I mean, really.

Popular Posts