G

Today I GOT a GIFT on G day.  A GIFT on G day!  When I found it on my door step, I GLEEFULLY GALLOPED around the home singing, "I GOT a GIFT!  I GOT a GIFT!  I GOT a GIFT! From DOROTHY MENOSKY!"  Then I sang it a bunch more times as I opened the packaging.  Twenty Something Daughter didn't really look up from her email, so I just kept singing to beat the band.  So this is what I GOT! Listen UP, blogger pals!  I GOT a novel called The Lover's Dictionary, by David Levithan.  All told through dictionary entries, written in ALPHABETICAL ORDER!!!!!  I'm GLOATING about this GENEROUS GIFT, which is perfect for me as I plug along each day, looking for material.  G words in Levithan's novel????  Gamut, Gingerly, Gravity, Gregarious, Grimace, and GUISE!  Next August we should probably write novels on our blogs, using this GRAND tome as a model text.  Or we could do this in November, for Write a Novel in November????
Thanks, GPM!  I love GIFTS (and you) VERY MUCH!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're welcome. When I read it I knew it was destined to be yours.
I like the way the author makes you think about why he chose the words he used.

D/
mm said…
I appreciate the grandness of gifts and you should be zealous about such a gift. Talking about a blog challenge to write a novel, on the other hand, is overzealous.
jdoc said…
You have some excellent gift-giving pals, LH.
StreibProjects said…
This post makes me happy. I like that you are very grateful...
LH said…
It's Wednesday. I wonder what kind of H's will come out of the woodwork today.
kc said…
The book sounds fab. Let's read it!
Julie Anna said…
What an awesome gift! I think I'll put it on my reading list, too.
Goodwoman said…
That sounds like a great gift!
Gina Marie said…
Awesomesauce! I'm in for any and all future challenges that may be spurred from The Lover's Dictionary.
henry said…
that is GOOD luck
Anonymous said…
That dm is a treasure, indeed. Jw
LH said…
MM, I think we could do it!
Anonymous said…
Your fondness for gifts is one of the things I think of when I think of you.

Of course I mean that in the best posible way: how excited you get about the gift, how much you want to share the gift-i-ness with others, and how you venerate the gift-giver.

All good. Another G word.

mem in ca
LH said…
Hey MeM,

There's really nothing better than a gift.

I've been missing you doll.

Popular Posts