C

Critical literacy is all about looking at ways reading and writing are used as tools to empower and disempower, to shape who we are and what we do.  Critical literacy is my passion, but here's the problem.  Now that I'm a literacy partner, I've been moving away from critical literacy and in to just plain literacy.  Literacy's great and all, but critical literacy's where I live.  I've got to figure out how to get back into the work of critical literacy, reading the word and reading the world.  It seems possible, but it's going to take some sassafras.  Wish me luck.

ps.  Life As Per Usual is joining us.  Yeeha!  Read her blog to learn more about HUHOT.
pps.  One WOMAN is joining us as well. Visit her blog to see a giant bee sting on her face.  Great stuff!

This is the best challenge ever.  We have to do this every August.  So we have Pronto the founder, WordSavvy, Slapdash, Leeway, IndianaRock, In Other Words, Miscellaneous Missives, NickelforYourThoughts, LifeasPer, Onewoman.... Who am I missing here??? Is UL in???? Does Oberliner wanna give it another try????

pps.  the great blogger, Big Henster's in as well.  Give him a visit!

Comments

KC said…
Wow! I can't believe this challenge is so popular! You know what this means, right? It means that for the rest of my days, Dan will tell me that he founded the most popular challenge ever.
LH said…
Well of course he will. But let's make it clear that Beer Can Chicken can only appear once this month.
Anonymous said…
Whoa! I thought the idea originated from the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. Still one of my all time favorites.

GREAT photo.

D/
LH said…
It did. But it really started with you, since you were the one who gave me the book.

Thanks, D!!!!
mm said…
Hey, I think I actually had that book at one point. Love the pix but then I love all your pix.
LH said…
Thanks, MM. It's funny how much I love compliments on the photos. Last week I was giving a power point presentation to a committee at work and this artist guy from LA stopped me at one point and said, "Who took that photo? Such great composition." MADE MY WEEK!
Maybe photography can help me get back to critical literacy this year.
Anonymous said…
And I noticed that your great photo matched your letter - C is for Cactus.
One photo group I belong to did that last year. A photo a week all the way through the alphabet. It was fun.

D/
jdoc said…
You have sassafras, my friend! You can do it!

Excited to check out the bloggers!
Thanks for doing the roll, call LH! (btw, this is Pronto Pup on Unabashed Liberal's computer). He says he can't think of anything that starts with A, but he may go back and rename his recent posts to catch up and join us soon.

Thanks for giving me credit as the "founder" even though I just stole other people's ideas!
LH said…
We've got a popular blog challenge going on here. Everyone has to pace themselves! I don't want anyone dropping off at K or worse yet, G.
It's all in the PACING PEEPS!

Popular Posts