D


This evening we had a little real world DRAMA here.  Husbandman took the shuttle to the airport.  He's heading to Oberwolfach in DEUTSCHLAND.  Hours later I got a text from him that said, "Never seen the airport."
"What does that mean?" I texted back.
A little later, Judy (who was with me) said, "I'm getting a little nervous about that text."
"I know.  It sounds like he's been kidnapped, which would be a huge DRAG to DEAL with tonight, not to mention DEVASTATING, but I'm remembering now that he always says he's never seen the airport so empty whenever we go to the airport, so that's probably what this is all about."
Sure enough, I got a text 30 seconds later that read, "Sorry.  I forgot to add 'this empty.'"
So Husbandman's predictability became a virtue in the end.  His text was not a cryptic plea for help after all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok - you had cactus for C. Is this one debris for D?
Great photo.
Great Drama! Clever Detective work on your part.

D/
kc said…
I love that you guys worried about it being a cryptic kidnapping message. Glad it wasn't, tho!
StreibProjects said…
I want to go to Germany. I think I would like it there.
Goodwoman said…
When I go back to Germany I am likely just going to stay. Always lots of need for teachers in Berlin. :-)
mm said…
I thought it was d for driftwood. I'm glad you received the follow up text.
Anonymous said…
I was laughing so hard that I actually had a teeny weeny asthma attack.
jw
LH said…
Yes, it's driftwood.
The story did have us laughing. Twentysomething and #1 said they would have figured it out as well. For some reason, Husbandman comments on the emptiness of the airport with amazing regularity.

And really Indy Airport is often kind of a ghost town. So the man has a point I suppose.
Gina Marie said…
Once I reached the conclusion of this story, I cracked up. I'm sure I would have also assumed Husbandman was in trouble! Glad he wasn't!
LH said…
He's fine. Hanging overseas in Oberwolfach. It doesn't sound like much fun there, but at least he's not been taken by terrorists.

Popular Posts