The Vegas

This may seem puny minded, but it's how I'm feeling.  Tomorrow I'm going to Las Vegas for a conference.  There are few places I'd rather not go than Las Vegas.  I'll tell you why.  People tell me Las Vegas is like a DisneyWorld for adults.  You may remember that I do not like DisneyWorld.  I don't want to go a place with a faux Eiffel Tower or a replica of the Taj Mahal.  Why would they build these things?   In France, there has been talk of building a replica of the cool caves with the paleolithic paintings.  They're doing this because oxygen from visitors will cause mold to grow, wrecking the paintings.  That's a good reason for building a replica of something.  Otherwise, there's no reason to build replicas of other things.  Just think of a new thing to build.

Comments

mm said…
I hope your conference is enjoyable even if the location is not satisfactory.
Anonymous said…
Saw the video. VERY cool.

D/
Anonymous said…
Couldn't agree more with this blog post.
jw
LH said…
thx m, and d.

Not leaving til tomorrow. I had the date wrong. Tonight I'm seeing a Mariners game.
LH said…
J, I'm trying not to be a hater, but LV is not a fun spot for me.
Goodwoman said…
I feel your pain. I was reading about the Louvre facade and the half scale replica of the Eiffel Tower. The Louvre facade seems like a cruel joke since there will be no fine art or sculptures contained within! On one glimmering bright spot I hear rumors of an authentic creperie somewhere in the hotel!
LH said…
Iv e decided to be more upbeat about viva las Vegas. I'm sure to have fun. Why wouldn't I?
KC said…
The happiness lady would say to BE LEE. FUN doesn't mean the same thing to all people.

However, I actually like LV.
LH said…
It's a little on the hot side, and smoky and noisy, but we did have a nice walk on the strip this eve. Viva LV

Popular Posts