The Project

I heard Fresh Air the other day.  Terry G. interviewed the director of Project Nim.  Project Nim is a documentary about Nim Chimpsky, a chimpanzee who lived as an experiment.  Humans tried to raise Nim as a human child, and they taught him American sign language.  The experiment went awry and Nim didn't play along as planned.  He even bit a hole in someone's cheek.  I want to see this film and I also want to learn more about animal language studies.  Nim died at age 28, from a heart attack.  He had some good times and some bad times.
On another note, tomorrow our school starts 5 days of workshops about learning artfully.  I'm ready for the learning, peeps.  I'm ready for the learning.

Comments

KC said…
I think I heard about Nim on This American Life, too. Is that possible?
LH said…
Yes, it's v. possible. I think I listened to someone who wrote a book about famous primates who have lived as experiments. Ergo, Nim.
Anonymous said…
So glad you are tweeting the Bachelorette! You make it all worth watching! V.funny. Lunch soon?
N
Anonymous said…
hmmmmm......
jw

Popular Posts