The Vacation

Puget Sound.  Denny Creek.  Volunteer Park.  These are places we've visited and been rightly impressed with.  The weather is cool and the scenery is stunning.  Yesterday we hiked a trail called the Al Emerson Nature Trail.  We are wondering how to get a trail named after us.  If I had a LittleLeeway Trail I would sit in a lawn chair at the starting point to that trail all day long.  And I would greet each hiker personally, welcoming them to a fabulous trail experience with comments like, "Thanks for coming by" and "I think you're in for a treat." Where would your trail be?  Mine would be somewhere near the Al Emerson Trail.  It was lovely.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Would you have another chair and a glass of wine for hikers to sit and chat with you for a while? I would love that trail and need you to get home so we can have this trail and chairs and wine!
N
KC said…
The mom of a friend of mine has a ski trail. I guess it's really neat. The family x-c skis it all the time.

Glad you're having such a fab trip!
StreibProjects said…
Beautiful pics. I would have a trail in Starved Rock State Park in Illinois.
Anonymous said…
There's a Judy Williams Trail in Brown County State Park named after me. It's actually a highly technical hike.
LH said…
I'm changing mine to a trail near cliff house in San Francisco....

20 something daughter can't decide. She says maybe someplace in the Smokies.
LH said…
Nance....innovative suggestions . Yes!
Julie Anna said…
I'd have my trail near Durango Colorado, or maybe in Rocky Mtn state park. The husband would want to name it "Little Julie Teague Trail". I would leave off the "little".
LH said…
Love these trail imaginings.

Popular Posts