The Toughness

Yikes.  Arts camp inservice wasn't as fun today.  This is the day the teachers started working on their units. I was running from floor to floor, trying to bring resources to teachers. The unit design was challenging and there was some peevishness on the part of all parties.  I take things personally, so a harsh comment sent me into a bit of a tailspin. At lunch I took a walk, bought myself a refreshing bottle of water and sat on a bench for 5 minutes.  I also took a pill that helps people feel less anxious.  When I got back to school, I decided to stay with just one group for the afternoon. We worked together amiably and we got some stuff done.  I felt helpful and part of something fun.  Moral of the story:  walks, benches, medication, fun.  This is my plan for coping with stressful days when school rolls around soon.

Comments

mm said…
I always enjoy your links. Sorry today wasn't fun and exhilarating.
LH said…
I know! I want the fun and exhilaration to continue! Thanks for checking in, mm.
kc said…
Your job in these situations seems quite difficult. I approve of your coping mechanisms. Good job.
Anonymous said…
Hang in there! Did you watch Project Runway??

D/
Anonymous said…
I'm with kc. Your strategies are the only way to go.
jw
LH said…
Forgot to watch Runway. I'll try to catch up on the internets.

Good start to the season???
kc said…
PR was v. good. I'm into it once again. Feels like coming home.

Popular Posts