The Saddle


Yep, Back in the Saddle.  So far, so good.  In 2011, I've been in charge of teaching kiddos about bathroom procedures.  Some of the important things I have covered in my bathroom procedure talk:

  • If someone's in the bathroom stall, give them privacy.  Don't bang on the door or look under the stall. No one wants you bothering them when they're going to the bathroom.  Obviously.
  • If you pee on the floor by accident, don't ask anyone else to clean it up for you.  Just get some toilet paper, and clean it up.
  • You don't need a paper towel the size of the Empire State Building to dry your hands.  Just two clunks of the paper towel dispenser.  That's all you need.
  • Don't scream in the bathroom.  We can hear you in the hallway.  We hear every crazy word you're saying.
  • The bathroom is for going to the bathroom.  It's not a place for singing and tap dancing.  It's not King's Island.  It's not Disney World.  It's a bathroom.  Try not to forget that. 
  • The bathroom is made out of hard surfaces:  cinderblock, ceramic tile, porcelain fixtures.  If you go in there and fool around, you could fall and hurt yourself.  You could get a huge gash in your head and bleed out and no one would be there to help you.  You could basically die in there.  
I gave this prezi 13 times in the last 2 days, to pretty good reviews. The year's off to a good start. 

Comments

dw said…
The bathroom is a very dangerous place. Kids need to learn this. It can also be a good place to play "Angry Birds" on your iPhone, though. So it's not all bad.
Anonymous said…
Hahahahahaha! Great bathroom humor.

D/
mm said…
I'm a bit confused. If you can hear every thing from the hall, why wouldn't you know if someone was hurt on the hard surfaces. I hope a young critical thinker questioned this.
kc said…
LOL. A literacy worker's work is truly never done.
Julie Anna said…
Love this.
StreibProjects said…
I laughed when I listened to it live and I laughed even harder when I read it!! great show Dr. H
Anonymous said…
So glad Ros is home and that you are all resting. How has the first week back been? I want to chat, so I will try to call today!
N

Popular Posts