The Bras


We went shopping last weekend up at the big city department store.  I ventured into the BRA area and when a bra salesperson said she would give me a bra fitting, I was really jazzed.  I have never had a bra fitting and I've suspected for a good long while now that I've not been wearing the best bras.  The fitting took forever, with the gal leaving me for long bouts of time with no explanation.  I was okay about this because I thought, "Hey, I'm going to leave here with great fitting bras.  It's all good."  Unfortunately, it was not all good for Husbandman when I emerged 45 minutes later from the fitting room.  He was royally p' o' ed about how long the bra fitting took. Then I got mad at him for being a little on the rude side and I didn't talk to him for quite awhile really, aside from a nicety here and there.  So anyway, we finally talked (sadly this reconciliatory talk occurred during The Bachelor so I was unable to live tweet), and we put all this nonsense behind us.  But here's the really sad ending to the whole story.  The new bras fit horribly. They are SUPER uncomfortable.  I basically hate the new bras.   I have decided never to have a bra fitting again.  Bra fittings suck.  I hate bra fittings.

Comments

KC said…
I'm so disappointed for you. But I really don't want you to give up on bra fittings. I got one this fall and it was life changing. It only took like five minutes. And then the fitter brought me to the floor and handed me three perfect bras. I think you should try again. I thought I was a c cup (I used to be that), but then it turns out I'm an A.
Anonymous said…
Don't let one bad bra fitter ruin this important experience for you. I should have come along with you.
jw
cb said…
I'm so sorry it turned out this way.

A friend told me about this bra shop in Brooklyn that does miraculous fittings. They'd just take a judicious look at you and the miracle begins.

We should visit this shop -- make a trip to NYC. A positive life changing event sounds good.
xoxo
cb
Anonymous said…
Now there's an idea for a meet-up trip don't you think?

mem in ca
Anonymous said…
I thought I was an A but it turns out I'm a DD. I didn't believe the first bra fitter so I went to another one....same thing. Even tho the 'new and improved' bra DOES fit better (it should, for $78.00), I still find them uncomfortably confining and usually opt out on wearing one. Sis-N-Law

Popular Posts