The Writing


Okay, we can all relax now. I've had two days of good work on the chapter. I was beginning to think I would never write again. I'm reading a Jane Yolen book about writing and she emphasizes that it can actually be a joyful experience. She has some good tips for staying at it. The Pema Chodron book I'm reading says to stay open and curious to what's happening in the work, even when it gets hard. I'm not a behaviorist, but as I've done well the last few days, a pedicure might be on the docket tomorrow. A dissertation writer's guide told me to treat myself well, as I'm my best asset. Scary thought.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey,
I recognize that photo! Back from vacay. Could not believe the bit about the Atlanta freeway and that you MISSED THE CONCERT. That is awful. We were in SoCal and it was traffic hell too!!
LH said…
Hey mah frond, I was getting over missing Bruce until I read a sweet letter to the editor he wrote in yesterday's NYTBook review. The sadness kicked in once again. As we sat in traffic for hours and hours I wondered when we can all start flying hovercraft around. Is anyone working on that? How was your trip???
Julie Anna said…
Congrats on the writing. I can't seem to stay motivated enough to keep my blog up. It's this job! But don't get me started.
Julie Anna said…
Ok, am I the very last person in the world to notice that all of your blog titles are "The /something/". I am shocked that I JUST noticed this because I am a big fan of symmetry and continuity. Very nice.
LH said…
Hey J, love your blog, you write a lot, i'd say, for all you're doing. thanks for the kind words on the titling...see you friday???

Popular Posts