The Traffic


Traffic out of Chicago was hideous on Thursday. It took over one hour to get to the toll road. Then I made a critical error and got on the wrong toll road heading to Ohio. Took an hour to bump the 10 miles to a place for a U Turn. Guy at toll booth was not sympathetic, "Lady, you missed it," he told me when I asked about 65 south. Lady? It didn't help that my two hour traffic tragedy was accompanied by constant radio reminders that I was in, and would remain in, traffic. At one point I started screaming hysterically and feared my mind might have snapped. But I found 65 after 2 hours and stopped for snacks before heading on my way. Bought a moonpie and was surprised to read microwave instructions on the wrapper. Microwaved moonpies? Something to ponder on the road south. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
An RC Cola w/ salted peanuts in it to accompany that moonpie would've been as effective as a mood stabalizer (MAYBE)in that traffic!....glad you made it home OK--love y'all--B&B
LH said…
I considered the salted peanuts actually. Pretending they represent health food, but then i spied the moonpies. did you know they're made in chatanooga?

Popular Posts