Slowing Tensions

If I read one chapter each day I can complete Bryson's book in 11 more days.
I've given up on a few books this year after hundreds of pages of reading, creating a sense of dissatisfaction not with the book but with myself, that I've not made a good match. I like reading this book, Brief History of Nearly Everything, but each new chapter requires a mental readjustment as I gear up for scientific topics I know nothing about---geology, particle physics, chemistry. I didn't think I was remembering much of the text, but in the past month, I've read with (some) interest news articles about neutrinos, Mt. St. Helens, and fossil finds. I've been slowing down on my chapter a day goal recently. So close and yet so far. Maybe if I weren't falling asleep every night at 9:15, I could get this done. I might have hypersomnia.

Comments

Popular Posts