Bed Head on Pinnacle Day

Peter forgot his passport. Our neighbors to the north let him in, but warned him that the Americans would not let him return. So I had to leave my house to procure transportation for said document. I like to run in the afternoon after fumbling around with work in the morning, so I left the house with bedhead and worn down running apparel. The good part of being away from home is that I know no one so it doesn't matter too much what I look like when I leave the house. At home, I'm sure to see people I know and they're sure to make comments to me about my appearance, and probably to anyone else they see that day. My standards have become quite relaxed and that's a little scary since they weren't all that high to begin with. But my mission was accomplished, and if all goes well, husbandman will be allowed to return to the country of his birth in a few days.

Comments

LH said…
well thank you.
I'll keep you posted on whether or not you'll see your father again.
Julie Anna said…
Can I go on record as saying that I am not one of those people back home who would comment on your appearance, should I bump into you in the grocery store with bedhead, nor would I tell anyone--"Hey, I saw lh and jeez louise was she having a bad hair day! Spread the word!" I can relate, though, because I go out sometimes and pray I don't see anyone I know, but I usually do, so what the heck. I stopped combing my hair for that very reason...I never look very good, but I never look significantly worse either! Try it, it works!

Popular Posts