Pinnacle Day

In my Monday night class, Writing in Schools, the class discussed if novels were better than professional wrestling. I said they were "different" and the professor, father of twins and others, told me I couldn't hide behind that word. Just watch me my friend.
As for words, Quinn announced early yesterday morning, "My philosophy is...our thoughts redefine our words." Asked for further explanation, he said that a word is defined differently by each person, according to their thoughts.
Saw a nuthatch today. What's better a nuthatch or an eagle?
Made savvy mom's squash soup. It tastes happily like Thanksgiving.
Am leaving on Saturday for Chicago to talk to the class of good friend and former grad student pal, Dr. Katie Van Sluys . The talk is almost done, but not quite.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I sure hope you'll be back by Monday's class. Who else will want to discuss the train wreck which was the Bachelorette finale?!

Glad you liked the soup.

Is that your son's blog? I really like the puking pumpkin. Too cool.
LH said…
The ending really needs to be discussed in detail and I'm not going to be there to do it. I saw Jessie at Dunn Brothers today and I told her...don't let anyone say anything good on monday night. Writing In Schools has become my own little reality show.
That is Quinn's blog. He was funny today after I introduced him to Jessie at Dunn Brothers. She walked away and he said, "I thought you said you didn't know anyone here." Mr. Literal
Anonymous said…
that was quite a fast reply -- I'm impressed.

Do you IM? If so, which kind do you use?
LH said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LH said…
had to delete my last post because i had a horrible miscue in it.
i'm on aol.
would love a chat...
how can we make that happen, technowoman?
Anonymous said…
Tell me your username, and I'll add you to my buddy list. My username is kathleencwest, so you can add me if you know how.

If you want to email me your username because you have qualms about posting it for all to see on your blog, you can send it to me at kathleen.west@gmail.com

ciao

Popular Posts