Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

The Loafing

Saturday was the best day ever.  Here's how it went down.  We were feeling a bit bluesy because of the continued use of the boot, so we decided to take a drive to Lake Monroe, hoping to see some bald eagles.  We drove down to Lake Monroe and found a top secret viewing location.  Come to find out, we saw a blue heron and then we saw a bald eagle, perched majestically.  I obviously can't describe the thrill I felt so I won't even try.

Next we decided to go see Revenant.  I was nervous to see it for various reasons I won't try to describe, but come to find out, Revenant is absolutely riveting.  I loved every minute except for 5 minutes near the end where I shut my eyes.  Other than that 5, I was riveted, as I've previously stated quite clearly.

After the best movie of the year, we drove over to C3 to eat a great dinner and listen to #1 play some fun jazz with a jaunty trio.  Nancy and Kev joined us. This day probably can never be topped.  Eagle.  Leonardo.  #1 Son playing jazz while I partake of a delicious cheese plate and chat with pals. January 9 will be forevermore christened the International Day of Lucky Looking and Listening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for those kind of days!!
jw

mm said...

I'm scared to see Reverent because of images like the last one and because I don't like to sit through movies.

nancy reynolds said...

The whole day sounds riveting! Bravo!
N

kc said...

Congratulations on this wonderful day! I saw the preview for the Leonardo movie, and I was too scared.