The E's

Thankful #9 for lawn ornamentation
I've been reading a lot about motivation lately.  Most of the advice comes down to:  Just go do the thing you don't want to do.  Personally, I don't think that's super helpful. But let's face it, it's probably the best advice you can get when you've arrived at Procrastination Station.  Sometimes with a writing project though, it's hard to figure out what "the thing" is.  I'm not averse to working on my project, but I am  little confused about what I'm doing and having some fears about making the best use of the time I have.  Today I'm just going to hop in to the work.  Norman Fischer, in his excellent book, Taking Our Places writes about the importance of fostering "a sense of ongoing effort and exploration that isn't just conceptual."  Effort and exploration are my guide words of the day.

Comments

mm said…
Ahhh the ease (E's).
KC said…
Just try your best and forget the rest??
Anonymous said…
My mom could've written that book. I have her voice in my head saying if you'd just quit worrying and get to work your life would be easier. So true, mom... so true. And I love the corgi pics!! Hysterical.
jw
LH said…
May I tell you that I had a very wonderful massage today?

Popular Posts