The Tampa Bay Rays

This is interesting.  The owner of the Rays has the same last name as husbandman.  The owner is named Stuart Sternberg.  He's from Canarsie and he's a retired businessman.  From what I've read for 6 minutes on wikipedia, it would appear that the guy does not care for the Rays.  The fans aren't supporting the team, and Sternberg's just about had it.  He even hinted last year that he may want to buy the Mets. Sternberg needs to learn how to support, not thwart, with his public statements about the team.

On Tuesdays I join the kinders for some writer's workshop.  Today I realized I didn't have a plan, so I ran and grabbed some library books.  I ended up reading to the kids about stars and constellations.  Taught them how to draw The Big Dipper.  It was pretty hectic.  We were all sitting on the floor writing and talking.  Little Red Head was crying because I didn't use one of the crayons he offered me, but he got over it pretty quickly.  At the end, we all made a circle and everyone shared a page from their books. This is big.  We've tried to do a sharing several times before, but cool Kinder teacher and I have not been able to get the kids to participate very meaningfully.  Today they were into it.  It rocked.  At the end, Little Red Head screeched, "And now we should all sing a song!"  So we sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and followed that up with a rousing Mary Had a Little Lamb.  

Comments

mm said…
If I ever have the opportunity, I'm coming to spend the day at your school!
Anonymous said…
Songs are the best! I hope you are teaching those kiddos the IU Fight song! It is a fluency poem we have charted and are singing it daily over at the Creek. I have been seen singing it, going down the hall to anyone who will listen!!!!
N
StreibProjects said…
The fight song! What a great idea!! WHy didn't I think of that!!

Sometimes the fans suck. like in Philadelphia....
KC said…
Hey! I commented on this yesterday, and my comment is now gone. I said, I too want to visit your school. It seems like it would be a blast.
dw said…
I wish I could draw constellations on the floor and then sing songs.

Popular Posts