The Triptych


Part 1.  Greatest Movie Ever Made, Probably.
Watched Jane Eyre this past night.  Fab movie.  You should see it if you want to.  You can get it for free on your iPad too, in book form.  Well done, Charlotte Bronte.  Your legacy lives on.

Part the Second.  Identity Crisis
I've been missing 20 something daughter and #1 son lately.  20 something's far away, doing her best and forgetting the rest.  She will return soon and we are all counting down the days.  #1 lives right in this very house, but leaves for stretches at a time, our only communication being occasional texts and tweets.  This is a hard time in the land of parenting, but it's all part of the deal, so I'm trying to focus on mature acceptance.

Part 3, Denouement of Sorts.  Search for Certainty
This week we got a brand new preschool at Artful School.  I'm in there a lot because we have some staffing issues.  On Friday one of those littles curled up in my lap as we listened to their teacher reading a book.  About halfway through, the Little looked up at me and asked, "Where are we in this place?"
    "We are in a school called Artful School," I whispered.
    "Artful School?  That's where we are right now? That's the name of it?"
     "Yes, Bud. We are all in a place called Artful School right now."  He snuggled back into place and I hoped I brought him some peace of mind.  It's hard to not know where you are, I'm sure.  And the conversation made me a little sad.  What a way to live.





Comments

Anonymous said…
Just when I thought they couldn't add anything more to your job.
jw
@jw Right??? That was my take away from this story, too. But I guess if they're gonna keep adding ridiculous tasks, they can at least be cute.

On the other hand, maybe mom needs to employ "we're not staffed for that" a little more often?
Anonymous said…
Thank goodness for your lap. He needed it.

D/
LH said…
Has anyone noticed the amazing wildlife photography?

As for the preschool. I was able to sing my own lyrics during rest time which kept the preschoolers quietly resting on the rug for 15 minutes. I think my calling may have been preschool?
Mom- I'm all about the amazing wildlife photography! About to steal that guy!
Anonymous said…
I used that line just the other day, Ros. I can't believe you remember that. :)
jw
kc said…
I commented on this yesterday, but my comment did not register.

I was going to say, though, OMG I can't believe it's now your job to be a preschool assistant teacher. That would be a great job to have if it were your only job, but as we all know, it's totally not.

Kid sounds cute though! Miss u! And amazing photo! The deer looks like he/she really likes you.

Popular Posts