The Lodge


Family Fang.  Finished reading it about an hour ago.  It's about a family of performance artists. The novel moves between performance art events in the past and the two grown children's lives in the present.   I liked the children better than the parents, so I was more interested in the present day parts of the story.  Lots of thoughts about art and its seductive and destructive aspects.  The ending was v. strong.  Overall, I have to say I liked it quite a lot.  If you want to read it, you should.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Re your Twitter comment: Bummer! Hope you're ok.

D/
LH said…
I'm fine. Went home and iced up my knees for a bit. I'm still really annoyed about the whole thing.
kc said…
I'm glad you're okay. Were there witnesses? I always hate it when I fall for witnesses.
LH said…
Yes. A group of 6 friends witnessed the whole thing. They said a bunch of things like...oh gosh you're going to feel that tonight...and... You sure hit hard,.... And....just start drinking now, don't wait!

Nice enough....but
It was a downer any way you look at it.

Please peeps. Watch your steps!
LH said…
Ps they weren't my friends, but friends of one another.
kc said…
YUCK! I feel worse for you now than I did before because I'm imagining how you maybe tried to put the witnesses at ease after your horrific fall.

I hope you did follow their advice on the drinking, tho.
LH said…
You know why I called this "The Lodge?"
Because I was watching a TV show about those people who died in a sweat lodge a few years ago and I was going to write about that.

Popular Posts