The Sandwich

Today I ventured into the art room, as I heard a bit of a ruckus in there.  Come to find out, the firsties were  drawing pictures of "witch sandwiches."  A witch sandwich might have eyeballs, worms, or blood in it.  Drawing these pictures got the firsties pretty hyped up.  They wanted me to see the bones, toenails and pink hair in their sandwiches.  "Disgusting!" I repeated to each firstie, emoting with dramatic flair.  My flamboyant gestures and horrified facial expressions got them screaming even louder.  One firstie screeched at me repeatedly to look at his sandwich.  When I made my way to his table, he pointed to each part, proclaiming, "Cheese.  Cheese.  Cheese.  It's all cheese." I didn't know how to react because a cheese sandwich is one of my fave lunches, so I just murmured something ridic like, "That's one cheesy witch sandwich, Mister!"  I wanted to ask him why he made a cheese sandwich for the witch, but I was late for my next class and I wasn't thinking too fast on my feet. That cheese kid threw me for a loop. Who does that?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you need a ride over to South tomorrow or do you have one already?
N
LH said…
Oh gosh, a ride would be great!!!! THANKS!!!

But did you like the witch sandwich story?
Anonymous said…
Yes, loved it! Loved the pic as well. What time shall I come by? Shall we stop at Starbucks or get a bagel?
N
LH said…
Yes. Coffee. Bagel.
Goodwoman said…
I personally love this story. Perhaps this particular kiddo is lactose intolerant.
Anonymous said…
8:00? or should I come earlier? What time does it start?
N

Popular Posts