The Teen

Our teen daughter is 15 today. She's been super fun to have around.
Celebrating her birthday was a wonderful end to a long day filled with more parent teacher conferences. Lots of chat about homework, organization, punctuation, test scores, future junior high placements, and the social lives of sixers. I have a weird sore under my nose from the three weeks of sinusitis which is unsightly and kept me from really enjoying my day with the parents. I could not stop thinking about it. I told my teaching partner how bummed I was about my disfigurement and she reassured me with the comforting words, "It just looks like a zit." That really calmed me down. Anyway, now I'm home and life is good in the heartland. Happy Birthday dear teen daughter. If you wanna hang out here for another 15 years, it would be our great pleasure. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Undomestic said…
You're such a good mom!
KC said…
Happy birthday, Ros!!!
Anonymous said…
Scorpios rock. Happy day, R!
Anonymous said…
Or she could hang out with me for the next 15 years! Happy birthday , Ros.
JW
Anonymous said…
Exactly WHEN does the learner's license come into play, Roz? We love you!!! --- B&B
LH said…
tomorrow's the birthday lunch with the galpals. I offered to buy party favors, but teen daughter said it had been "years" since she went to a party where favors were given. I really don't think it could be years, but she might be right.
we're conflicted about the whole driving issue. it sounds good in the abstract, but i'll have to learn more before I commit to supporting teen driving on these premises .
Julie Anna said…
Fifteen! Has it really been over 15 years that we sat in Lamaze class together while the teacher encouraged us to "get comfortable with our bottoms"? A very happy, but late, birthday Ros! I am behind on my blog-browsing, but I hope it was wonderful.

Popular Posts