The Procrastination


I must pack. I must take clothes and put them into a suitcase. Everything in me is resisting this task. I have packed one shirt. The second shirt I want to bring is wrinkled so I've been reading the newspaper and contemplating whether or not it's worthy of ironing. That's going to involve plugging in the iron, setting up the ironing board, moving the iron back and forth. I figured blogging about it might get me out of the packing rut. If this doesn't work, I'm going to have to give myself some tough love and do my drill sergeant voice...Suck it up! Get cracking on the packing! That kind of thing. The trip is going to be fun, but the whole getting there thing feels odious right now. I'm not sure why.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have a similar packing process. Heck, I have a similar life process.
LH said…
hey kiddo, it's worked so far. i guess. whatever "worked" means. at any rate, the case is packed and some ironing even occurred. while watching rudolph.
Undomestic said…
Why are you ironing clothes you have to pack? Don't you just have to re-iron them when you unpack?
Anonymous said…
In what state of our great union is this sign?
I need to know so as to avoid it for all eternity. Nice pic, btw.
-Bob
LH said…
Hey Ms. C., I've found you don't have to re-iron if you simply hang up items quickly upon entering hotel room. mr. b., this was georgia. i watched for them, but i did not see a one. Bah.

Popular Posts