The Program


The last few nights I’ve gotten into bed at a decent time, but I’ve stayed up late perusing the NCTE program that showed up in my mailbox Monday. The book-sized program contains thousands of descriptions of presentations to be seen at the upcoming convention in Pittsburgh. I try to stop reading after 30 minutes or so, but I can’t put the thing down. My own talk is not yet prepared, but I’ll think about that later. For now, I am going through my days waiting for another night with a glass of wine and the NCTE program. It doesn’t get much better than that.

Comments

KC said…
love the silent ball link. ;)

and also love the teacher-geekyness.

sorry we can't all go to pitt together!!
Undomestic said…
Are you presenting there? How awesome! What's your topic?
Anonymous said…
OK, i know this should have been posted a few days back, but what about sock puppets? just go for it. there is really no end to what you can do puppet-wise...
LH said…
c, i'm analzying a kid's story and comparing it to his interview about his story, and then talking about all the different resources he used in writing it and the purposes he had for it. it would be good if i got working on it. i did a variation on it at another conference, so i should be able to pull it off.
next year, ncte is in nashville so you should all start planning early. but the year after that, i think it's in chicago, and then there are no excuses.
anon, you've got to let go of the puppets!!! i'll keep you posted on what my elective is if we get through another meeting on monday. this meeting is supposed to give us "closure," so i'm way looking forward to it.

Popular Posts