The Puppets


I go to meeting after meeting this week where we try to figure out how to offer electives to the sixers. At the fifth meeting in two days, I finally stop trying to give what I consider reasonable input, and just start nodding at everything and anything, desperate for it all to be over.
Inexplicably, I find myself volunteering to teach puppetry. Everyone is happy. The meeting ends.
When Teen Daughter hears about my elective, she looks up from the computer, "You hate puppets," she reminds me.
"I thought maybe we could make those paperbag puppets like in the Fandango commercials."
I don't need her to say anything. The insanity comes rushing in on me and I scream, "My god what have I done?" I rush to the computer to email my retraction, "I forgot I hate puppets. Sign me up for school newspaper. " I just hope it's not too late.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is just too much.
jw
Anne said…
Oh the meetings. I don't miss the meetings. But we have meetings in law school to. They don't even pretend to care what we think. They just talk and talk and talk. And then we have to sign all these things saying that we were there, that we listened, that we will get some mandatory professional learning credit for being there, and that we will never post a comment about the meetings. Oops. :)
KC said…
oh my gosh. laughing out loud here, unable to read the post to dan because of the laughing.
Anonymous said…
maybe you could make puppets that mime.
- Bob
Anonymous said…
Puppets that mime? I was going to comment on the fact that the only thing worse than puppets were mimes, but now I am just too frightened at Bob's mingling of the two. I may not even blink for a week.

Joy
Undomestic said…
Puppetry??? Oh my.

What do the sixers do now for electives? Do they have art, music, gym???
Julie Anna said…
The only thing that might be as bad as mime puppets would be clown puppets. In this house, we don't care for puppets, but we really don't like clowns of any ilk.
Anonymous said…
Picturing you with a puppet really cracks me up. Ha!
LH said…
There's not going to be miming, nor will there be puppetry. There might not even be electives because we headed back to square one today and are waiting for some people to make decisions before we have another meeting on Monday. FUN!

C, right now they go to art, music, and gym. we just want to give them MORE, because they're the sixers damn it, and they deserve it! of course they want sports teams. they're not getting that. i was going to try to organize mancala teams, but no one's going for it. i did offer play writing. 7 kids out of 90 chose that. life's been crazy in that compound of late.

Popular Posts