The Pretending


I freak out when I'm preparing a talk. I know I'm going to do it, and everyone else expects it. Before I put my butt in the chair to get the talk worked out, I email everyone on the planet to remind them that I need reassurance. Sometimes I ask for prayers and candle lighting. Any help that is offered, I take. The reassurance and assistance come rolling in as the afternoon wears on, and the talk is slowly shaped into presentability. Later, after the talk, I don't remember the freaking out part. I wish everyone else would forget it too. Let's just pretend.
Foto credit: Emmanuelle's Mom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Until the pretending begins: You can do this. You are brilliant and many people will benefit from your wisdom. Just breathe.
KC said…
i agree. you are brilliant and very charming and talk will reflect this.

you can do it!!!
LH said…
thanks, reassurers. don't forget to send good thoughts my way friday morning at 9:30. eastern time.
i'm using a multimedia presenter machine for the first time to project my power point and a little video clip. that adds to my stress because the thing is quirky.
hr said…
Do familiar faces in the audience help or hurt? Let me know and I'll be there! I've already got it programmed into my Palm.
LH said…
i always love a friendly face, but please feel no obligation. i am fine now. so let's all now pretend that i've acted maturely during this whole thing. Please.

Popular Posts